July 2, 2009

Children's Museum

I have to start this blog about my library experience. This is a new experience for me, not the books but getting these Culture Passes that they have. It is where they give you four free passes to one of like nine different museums and stuff to do around Phoenix. Anything to break up the zoo visits is fine for me. Anyways, I saw that they were going to have a Children's Museum one available this morning and Sherry wanted to meet up there to see it. I got there a little early and parked the stroller as close to the entrance as I could without feeling rude. I have learned that between these passes and the internet, people rush in as quickly as possible. It is almost funny to sit and watch an old man running for the culture passes that was infront of me. Okay, this isn't a short story...I got the kids seatbelted in for a ride of their lives and bolted with everyone else and got the pass....wooohooo!!

I showed Sherry the library and we were off to the Museum after a stop. We got there and was so happy that we had the culture passes since it is $9/person over 1 year old. I feel that the price was a bit ridiculous but was happy to be there. The place was just awesome and I loved it, the kids even loved it more. They had all kinds of rooms with different themes. I will show you some pictures and explain them to you as best as I can.
On this one...when you walk in the whole wall is covered in CD's hanging down the wall. As you can see on top that the light shines down and reflects off the disks and it just looks so cool. I couldn't capture the reflection like I wanted to but one day I will learn to use my nice camera.


























Okay these are from the same area. There was a whole room full of these foam green noodles like the ones you put in the pool. They are all hanging and you just make your way through them all. There was a couple of open areas in there where we squeezed and took pictures. On the outside there was some huge shoes sitting there (the other picture) so I put Matthew in them. I sure hope they were there for people to play with and I didn't put Matthew in someone else's shoes. I don't know what I would have done if I had lost Benjamin or Matthew in the middle of those noodles...I would be there all day looking for them.





















Okay these ones are just random things that were out in the hallways. The first one was by a ramp that you set these little cars on and you can race them on all kinds of different ramps. He loved climbing up there and riding his motorcycle. The other one is a great gift idea for anyone you want to drive nuts. It has a metal piece to bang on all types of wrenches. It wasn't as loud as another toy but it was pretty neat to see.




Okay these ones are pretty cool too. The first picture of Benjamin sitting infront of all the white stuff is shoes. Yes, they are shoes nailed to the wall and all painted white. You would think that I would get it that they want you to take your shoes off for the next room but I didn't know until I was in there already. The next of Ben with the flowers is a little house that you can pretend cook and sit at the table, pick flowers and all. The next room over had a grocery store where you can shop and check out and all that. It was just so cute. The one on bottom Matthew was sitting in this little spiral spot tha was kind of cool looking. I only got this picture because Robert was nice enough to help me out. It is so difficult to try to explain to a one year old where you want them for a picture. Anyways, still was cute and fun.

Okay on the bottom floor we took the boys back down and let them play. The first picture of Benjamin in the tunnel was a whole tunnel that went all the way around, pretty neat. I was asked to remove all shoes so we moved on to the drums. I do not like to take off the boys shoes or my own in public places...I just think that the floor is way too gross to go barefoot. The boys really loved the drums though as you can see. Matthew was just having a blast though and really enjoying himself. We finally were done and I didn't even want to leave but I was pretty tired. We had a lot of fun and appreciated Sherry and Robert going with us.

2 comments:

Sherry Leal said...

It was a blast! Anyone reading this and living in the Phoenix area really have to go.

Steph said...

Looks like great fun!!! I wish we had some fun stuff like that here!!! Maybe we just need to move....(j/K)