July 24, 2009

Matthew's Check Up

Yesterday was Matthew's one year check up and it went really well. He is 23 pounds and 30 inches long now. He is repeating everything I say, well almost everything. The funny thing is he says things clear as day...I know exactly what he says. Some of the words are Anna, Grandma, Cracker, Shannon and I can't remember what else right now. It is just so cute though, my little recorder. She mentioned that I should take him off the bottle now, which shouldn't be a problem since he already drinks from a cup as well. He got a cut on his finger from when we went to Pinecrest...he was sticking his finger in a soda can and cut it. Anyways, it got infected and got me pretty scared. She put him on some antibiotics to just help it heal but told me not to stress over it.
Since he is already starting to chat so much and so clear she wants me to start talking to him about poop and pee and sitting him on the potty. Hey, I am all up for potty training early...the price of diapers is ridiculous. I am still trying to get the other completely potty trained so I think this is going to be fun ; ) I am up for it though, it will be a couple of weeks until I go back to school so I am not worried. He is beautiful though and very healthy. He can out eat his brother since Benjamin is going through a stage of not wanting to eat.
Benjamin is doing good too, he is just so funny sometimes. He is really starting to put words all together in long sentences and understanding the different tenses and stuff. He will say something and I just want to cry I am so proud of him learning so much on his own. Like I said, he doesn't want to eat ever, we are constantly playing games to get him to eat. I am actually letting him grow his hair out. Bill had longer hair when he was younger and I thought I would see if Ben's looks similar...we will see how long it lasts before it just drives me nuts.
Justice has been so hyper lately with a partner in crime...Shannon. I think he has really enjoyed someone to go play with and just relate to. They had been putting the boxing gloves on and boxing...it is just too funny to watch. He has a shoot this weekend that he is really excited about. At practice this week at Uncle Charlie's house he won, it was really exciting. He goes back to school soon, he seems really excited. He had his soon to be teacher in summer school so he is excited to see him again.
Shannon is doing good too...just enjoying the heat some how...she is crazy I think. Her tan is looking good so far and I hope she is enjoying herself. We had a good monsoon the other day, she is bummed that it rains now that she is wanting the sun. I told her she is good luck and has brought the rain with us...woohoo.
As for Bill, he is still trying to figure out what is going on at work with the new Captain coming along. His poor feet are still hurting pretty bad but he always moves on. Me, I am trying to decide what to do for school. Classes are getting a bit difficult and I would like to attend class now so I can get as much from class as I can. I need to sign up at Estrella Community College but just nervous. Classes will take a lot of time from my time at home and I haven't had to do that just yet...so a little worried. I can do it though I know I can.

No comments: