July 13, 2009

Placerville was a BLAST!!

Lets see where I left off. We took our journey to Placerville, CA to visit family. Placerville is where I was born and raised for a good portion of my life. We stopped in at the Round Table Pizza downtown and met up with my cousin Cassie and her boyfriend Mike and my great friends from well a long time...Stephanie and her son Jack and a friend I can't remember how I remember...Teresa and her beautiful daughter. I also got to see Keoki, Shelly and their son Kayden when they dropped off Michael. It was so nice. I even ran into my cousin Elizabeth who I went to church with when I was just a kid for years. So many memories just flood my head when I go to these places and reunite with my family and friends and it is just so heart-warming. I greatly enjoy all these memories and getting to see so many people. I have to say thank you to everyone for making it a point to come and see me, I know it is out of your way at times but I do appreciate it very much. Before we left home we stopped and got some pictures of Brent's and Grandma's graves. They are so loved and missed. Brent is my sister's Laura's kid that passed away when he was almost three months old. It was a tragic event for all of us and he will always be in our thoughts.



I got to spend the night with my sister Samantha and just had a great tri-tip dinner that Mike cooked and also got to meet his son Chris. What a beautiful house they have with so many animals. I saw goats, chickens, ducks, dogs and cats and more dogs and more cats. If you know Samantha...you know what I am talking about then. She is so wonderful though and I just love them all. So this morning we drove back to Sonora and got to visit with my brother Bobby, Sister-in-law Teresa, Cory and Shannon. They are growing up so fast and just so beautiful. Yes, even Cory is beautiful to me. We sit and reminisce about the good ole days and just laugh. We had such a good time and didn't want to leave. So now I am back at my sister's Valerie's house who I have greatly enjoyed visiting to spend one more night before we head back to Sam's house. We picked up a straggler on the way and Shannon will be coming home with us.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

That is a great picture of Sam and the dog! You should enter that one in a photography contest or something! :)