May 4, 2013

My Journey

I am embarking on a journey that I have started many times before, this time I am finally going to see the end and finish what I started once and for all.  Of course I am talking about losing weight, been my main concern my whole life it feels like.  Even when I was fit I still worried about my weight.  I feel that if I keep a good record of it, I can look back on my ups and downs and see where I am failing and excelling.  Most importantly, I also want to write this out in case I can contribute to someone else wanting to do the same. 
So here I go into the well known time of eating right and getting the exercise I need.  Why can't it be just that easy?  Why do we have to have to many interruptions, cravings, hang ups and failures?  I am three days into wanting a change and I already feel the pressure of these coming down.  My biggest enemy at the moment is exhaustion and sleep.  I am already trying to get used to night shift, and now I am completely exhausted with a work out on top of it.  On the other hand, my body feels sore and wonderful from the first three days of a work out so oh well. 
On that note, workouts...I really enjoy working out.  It is the getting off the couch part that is the hardest for me, goes back to the whole lack of sleep.  I bought a great ifit app on my iphone that I just love that gives me circuit training workouts and it really is great!  I also tried water aerobics and a Group Power class at the Y.  The water class was nice but the Power class kicked my butt.  Isn't it funny how we can be completely drained from a work out but feel great at the same time for accomplishing it?  The hard part today was having the power class and being in a room with all mirrors.  I just kept looking at myself and thinking...I didn't realize I was this big!  Totally not joking, what a killer to my workout this could have been...but I just let it motivate me. 
So how did I get here?  I can name off many ways like child birth x3...but the teacher in my class today had 3 kids the same age and looked great!  Then there's the truth...my love for food, overeating and lack of exercise.  OUCH!  It happens quick too, never saw it coming. 
Food...I am the type of person who enjoys all types of foods...except olives.  Unfortunately my stomach can hold a lot so I just eat and eat.  Then we discovered a convenient way of eating unfortunately...fast food.  Believe me, it isn't all that good, but the dollar menu and how fast you can get it is very convenient.  So another laziness problem and just not caring I guess.  This week we have tried  not eat out at all...it was harder for the kids which really killed me.  What kind of habits are we teaching our kids about this horrible lifestyle? 
Well that is enough for today...hopefully I didn't ramble on too much...Relaxation day tomorrow and BBQ and Trishas...we will see how that goes.

No comments: