April 30, 2013

Grandma's Visit

We finally got my mom to come out and visit us and boy did we have a blast. We haven't seen mom since the reunion a year ago now. The flight in was a little rocky but she landed finally and the boys were glued to her. She was so nervous the boys wouldn't take to her since they haven't seen her in so long but that was far from what happened.

I was so excited to have a whole week off my graveyard schedule...my poor body was just adjusting to it too.  Grandma was greeted in the mornings by little Jonathon's sweet kisses, Ben's big hugs and Matt's sweet smile. 

We took her on a trip to Laughlin for the night and enjoyed a walk down the river.  We even celebrated Mother's Day a little early and had a turkey feast.  I miss my mom so very much and wish she lived closer.  My mom has the biggest heart and the sweetest soul, I look up to her so much!!  She would do anything for anyone at anytime.  Sometimes I question her big heart but I know she is just trying to do all she can to help anyone in need. 

On top of a great visit, I sat down and was able to talk to mom about her family.  My mom's dad passed when mom was 3 and her mother passed shortly after I was born.  So I was never given the chance to know either one, makes me feel cheated some days because I know they both must have been really special.  Mom had a pretty rough upbringing and I am lucky to have an uncle and aunt who share pictures from those days with me.  (thank you Aunt Dean and Uncle Doyle)  So mom and I sat and looked through all these pictures of when mom was a kid and growing up through the years...the stories were just priceless...thank you mom for taking the time to share so many stories and memories with me and the boys.  Miss you already






No comments: