September 1, 2009

Our trip to Tuscon for the shoot


When I started this blog I was having issues with my internet and putting pictures on here...so I gave up and ended up forgetting all about it. Here is an outdated blog...but not too old. This last Saturday Bill Papa Bill and Justice had a Cowboy Fast Draw Shoot in Tuscon so the boys and I decided that we were going to check out Tuscon too. I have never been there but I was a little nervous taking the two and a half hour trip with the boys by myself. They did pretty good though, better than I expected.


We first stopped in at the Reid Park Zoo. I didn't find out until we got back that I checked out the wrong place. Bill said there was a Desert place to check out and that morning when I was looking for the address, the only one I found was the zoo so I thought it was it. The zoo was free since we are members of the Phoenix Zoo, that was a bonus. The zoo was not that big but big enough for us to walk through and enjoy ourselves without getting overheated. It is still really hot down there as well. The zoo had polar bears, lamas, some type of pigs, albino peacocks and some other things that Ben and Matthew has never seen so it was neat. We had lunch there where they got these really cute bear head lunch pails. We then headed down to see Bill, Justice, Papa Bill and Uncle Charlie shoot. I really enjoyed driving through Tuscon, it actually is a little bit smaller than Phoenix but nicer some how. We finally found the range and Benjamin just loved watching them shoot and be apart of the boys group.

After we left there we drove to the San Xavier Mission in Nogales. I don't know what it is about old, sacred and religous buildings but they are just so peaceful to me. I really enjoyed the pictures I got to take and just feeling the peace being there. We then drove further south to a restaurant with a bulls skull. It is pretty neat looking, none of us were hungry though so we drove past University of Arizona (I think) and had dinner at Chuy's back in Tuscon. We have never been there, just wanted to check out a new restaurant. It was okay, they gave us a stuffed kitten or pig or something to hold onto for our number(to get our food). That is not a wise idea, we had to hide it so Benjamin didn't try to leave with it...he wouldn't even eat unless it was right by him.

All in all it was a really nice trip and always fun to check out new places to visit. I will definitely be back to find the right zoo and go back to the one since it was such a nice place to go.

No comments: