September 29, 2009

Danielle and David's Visit

It has been a great couple of days visiting with Danielle and David, my niece and her husband from Georgia. I just wish they never had to leave, but this morning I dropped them off at the airport.



They came in on Thursday and we were just too excited!! I felt bad that they both ended up sick the whole time they were here with a cold. It didn't stop them though from exploring Phoenix. Friday we took them to Uncle Charlie's house to let David and Bill practice shooting for the Cowboy Fast Draw shoot on Saturday. Saturday we took off to the shoot early and boy was it hot! We hit record highs almost everyday they were here. Bill took 20th place, David took 13th and Justice took 16th I think. They all did really good and I got some really good pictures of Danielle. I am not used to having someone around that can get into taking pictures of me and the boys so I took advantage of Danielle's great eye for picture taking. They all came out really nice.



Sunday we all just took it easy and hung out around the house and got some chores done. Grandpa Dave and Terry came over and got to visit as well. Monday the boys and I took them to the Phoenix Zoo. Again, it was hotter than ever out and they were such great sports and walked the entire thing with us. Danielle got some great shots of the animals and other things around the area.

Their time here went by way too fast and I am so sad to see them go. I treasure every minute I get to spend with them. I wish somehow we could live closer and be able to visit more often. That is okay though, hopefully one day we will be able to move closer to each other. I want to thank you guys for coming out and visiting. Benjamin already keeps asking where you are Danielle. I also appreciate all the help you gave us with the housework and watching the kiddos. Thanks for also being good sports with the Korean restaurant, green chili burritos and I want a rematch at Scrabble David. Love you both so very much and can't wait until we can visit again.

2 comments:

Sherry Leal said...

Great pictures and it looks like you all had a great time. I love family visits. :)

Anonymous said...

I especially love this one of you & the kids =) -Kristi Seccombe