November 1, 2011

Spooktacular Balloon Festival







Thanks to a friend I heard of Groupon.com and when I signed up I got a $15 credit. When I saw a balloon festival I thought it would be great. I got the whole family in for $5 and I saved $55 with all the savings. They had a bunch of booths for people to go shopping at and for the kids to trick or treat at. It was great to see the businesses having fun with the kids and seeing all the costumes. The two that we really loved was the first was the ghost from Nightmare before Christmas (I think)...well put together though.

The other one was a headless bride with her head coming out of her stomach. Wish I would have gotten a picture because it was a great costume.



They had all kinds of balloons there: Spiderman pig, bees, butterfly, clown, scary house and many more. I had a lot of trouble getting pictures to really come out because of the lack of lighting but it was great practice for me. Nothing a little Photoshop can't fix right? If you have never seen a hot air balloon get filled up, you got to. It takes a whole team to do this and it was neat to see. The balloons are so big and beautiful, I was like a kid in a candy store. The kids had a blast and enjoyed just being able to run around like a bunch of monkeys.

No comments: