November 26, 2008

potty training!!



I wanted to write and see if I can get some advice from the rest of you that have experienced this already. Ben has given us the signal now that he is ready for potty training. A couple of weeks ago, it went smooth, he was sitting on the potty all the time. I didn't have to even ask him if he wanted to go, he would tell me. He had a whole poster filled with stickers, he even got a few toys for going number two. This last couple of days or even week it has been accident after accident. I know they have pull ups, here is my problem though. Anytime that he has anything covering his bottom, he pees in them. It doesn't matter if it is a pull up or underwear, he will just pee in them. Being naked hasn't helped lately though. Ive heard that the kids go through a set back. If this is the case, how do I get him out of it? Sorry to complain, just wanting some advice from you pros!! I thought this picture was perfect, he loves grabbing something to look at.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I wish I had some advise for you! I tried for a solid 6 months with Nate and got absolutely no where. He literally wouldn't even sit on the toilet for me, then I had a licensing renewal for two days and Eric stayed home with him and had him potty trained in 1 day! It just took someone else working with him for him to "get it". Nate was almost three too, and I think that helped. Every kid is different so keep trying! Good luck! :)